Blogger. Quilter. Entrepreneur.
Since then, I've made stacks and stacks of quilts. I dream about quilts. And quilts are the first thing I think about when I wake up.
When I'm not quilting, "the husband" and I love to travel. And where ever we go, I usually find some quilt store or art or textile museum to visit. In fact, I have a homing device for quilts stores the same way a shopaholic is drawn to Bloomingdales. Okay, actually, I love Bloomingdales too. But that's another story. I also love Classical music and jazz, and I'm a big football fan... but that is definitely another story. I'm from Texas, after all.
- First job out of college: TV news photographer, and later a journalist
- Next stop: public relations at some mid-size organizations
- "Free spirit" time: several years as a freelance writer
- Most fun job ever: (and ironically lowest paying) publisher of an art magazine
- The Fortune 500 decades: five stops, five different Fortune 500 companies, bigger and bigger titles and tons and tons of stress to go along with them
- Finally: I've dropped out of corporate America to, well... quilt and blog. I'm pursuing a Master's in Liberal Studies at Rice University (almost done!). And I plan to do some corporate consulting here and there in between.